See photos of the stages above.
1. Make a hole in the lids for pouring as follows. (This can get a bit sticky so do it by the sink.) Remove the lids from the sauce and sprinkle tubs. Cut away about 3 notches (5cm) in a triangular shape then put back securely on the tub.
2. Preferably use an ice cream scoop. Put the scoop in a jug of warm water after every scoop, this helps to release the ice cream off the scoop.
3. Take out one tub of ice cream from the freezer at a time. Place it on a bag of frozen peas or something similar. This will help to stop the ice cream from going too soft too quickly.
4. Pour some sauce into the bottom of the tub.
5. Add a scoop of ice cream, then more sauce, sprinkles, flake and a spoon.
a little tune to get you into the ice cream mood (English country garden)